NATURAL ALTERNATIVES TO FLU SHOTS
Natural Alternatives There are many very effective, natural products available to help boost your immune system and keep you well during flu season without needing to inject neurotoxic poisons and contaminants into your body. Your immune system is the only thing that prevents you from being riddled with opportunistic infections and a host of other chronic illnesses. You can’t build immunity and shield the immune system with vaccines and poisonous pharmaceutical drugs. You can only modulate the immune system through natural methods.
Enhancing the immune system means you don’t just boost one or two components. There are 22 different instruments or components to the immune system including T-cells, B-cells, Natural Killer cells (NK cells), macrophages, lymphocytes, leukocytes, monocytes, interferon, gamma globulin, interleukin 1,2,3,4, and other white blood cells. All 22 components must be orchestrated simultaneously like a symphony, in order to maintain optimum immunity. While there are an extensive number of natural alternatives to help boost your immune system, here is a list of some of the most powerful and effective immune enhancers being used in alternative medicine that are readily available in most health food stores:
• Oregano Oil: This natural wonder has been used for thousands of years as an antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antiseptic agent. Many people have reported that regular use of this product during the cold and flu season has prevented them from getting sick.
• Colostrum: This is the first fluid secreted by the mammary glands of mammalian mothers in the first days after giving birth. Colostrum contains high levels of protein and growth factors, as well as immune factors. It’s used around the world as one of the most powerful immune boosters known to man.
• Olive Leaf Extract: Fights all types of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites and is good for virtually any infectious disease. Some religious scholars theorize that it is olive leaves that are being referred to in Revelation 22:2 that are used for the healing of the nations.
• Propolis: Resinous substance that bees derive from trees and mix with beeswax. Used as a health shield for the beehive, propolis has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antiseptic properties. Propolis has been used for thousands of years as an immune system booster.
• Colloidal Silver: This wonder product has been around for centuries and is reported to be one of the few things that helped protect people during the height of Bubonic plague.
• Royal Jelly: Fed only to queen bees. Contains over 100 nutritional properties and has long been known to strengthen the immune system.
• Bee Pollen: Plant pollen that bees harvest and pre-digest. Excellent for people with allergies and also strengthens the immune system.
• Aloe Vera: Contains high amounts of mucopolysaccharides which kick in the immune modulators to fight off disease.
• Homeopathic Remedies: There are some excellent homeopathic remedies that help build immunity and ward off the cold and flu. You can find many good homeopathic formulas at your local health food store or you can seek out a homeopathic specialist in your area that can custom blend formulas specifically targeted for your immune system.
• Mushroom Extracts (Shiitake, Reishi, D-Fraction Maitake): Have excellent immune-boosting properties. Shiitake increases T-cell function, Reishi has anti-tumor properties, and Maitake enhances the activity of key immune cells known as T-helper cells or CD4 cells.
• Echinacea: Excellent herb for the immune system and the lymphatic system. Echinacea has been shown to be very effective when it is cycled for 1-2 week periods throughout the cold and flu season. Early use of Echinacea at the onset of a cold or flu could help drastically diminish the duration and severity of illness.
• Vitamin C: Helps prevent free radical damage and has antifungal and astringent properties. High doses of vitamin C throughout the cold and flu season can help tremendously to ward off infection.
• Garlic: Has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antiseptic properties and has long been used to fight off and prevent colds and infections. Use 3-4 cloves on salad or crushed onto bread when your immune system is in a weakened state.
• Cayenne Pepper: Is used for a litany of health problems. Cayenne Pepper heats the body up, improves circulation, and helps ward off colds, sinus infections, and sore throats. This magical substance should be used on a daily basis during the cold and flu season.
• Probiotics: Help to maintain and rebuild intestinal flora. Flora plays a key role in keeping the immune system functioning optimally.
• Essential Fatty Acids: Good fats like Omega 3’s and Omega 6’s play a major role in cellular health. Good fats also help to bring nutrients into the cell and discard waste. EFA’s also contain high amounts of antioxidants which help to protect your immune system.
• Oxygen Supplements: Virtually all microorganisms are anaerobic, meaning they survive predominantly in the absence of oxygen. When the body’s blood oxygen is normal and the cells have adequate oxygen it’s nearly impossible to get sick. There are many good products to choose from that can be added as drops to your water.
• Essential Oils: There are many essential oils like Frankincense, Myrrh, Spikenard, Rose Oil, Thieves, and others that provide tremendous immune system protection. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years and have much Biblical support to back up their use. They can be diffused through aromatherapy or applied to your skin and feet.
• Zinc: An essential mineral that promotes a healthy immune system and fights free radicals. Zinc lozenges have been reported to be effective in relieving symptoms of the common cold and reducing duration of colds.
• Water: It’s very important to keep your body properly hydrated. Make sure you consume at least a ½ gallon a day of water to adequately flush out toxins and hydrate your cells.
• Rest: It’s especially important during the cold and flu season to keep from getting run down. Make sure you get at least 6-8 hours of quality sleep a night.
While all of these natural immune boosters can help you tremendously, nothing can replace what a good diet and exercise can do for you. You can’t feed your body garbage and turn to these natural alternatives as a last resort. Keep in mind that it costs nothing to remove all processed food from the diet. Processed foods can diminish your immune system. The more man touches a food, the less you should consume it. Replacing processed foods with whole foods will also boost your immune system. Sugar and sweets should also be avoided at all costs, especially during the cold and flu season. Sugar severely weakens the immune system and is the fuel that foreign invaders feed on.